Plaatje

Plaatje

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 62: New Meadows, ID - Oxbow, OR (126/150)

After a great night's sleep, in a real bed for a change, Don made me pancakes, baked egg and coffee for breakfast :) I was enjoying the coffee and conversation so much that I kinda lost track of time, so I had a late start today. It had rained last night, so the morning luckily was relatively cool.

After a small climb I descended into a large, semi arid plain to pass through the towns Council and Cambridge. After Cambridge I left the relatively busy US 95 and got on a very quiet, well paved state road. The road led over a climb, some 1500 ft up during the hottest part of the day. Again more elevation meant more coolness :) The following descent was super fun with wide curves, so I hardly had to brake at all during the entire descent!

The descent led me into the afternoon heat of Hell's Canyon. After cycling through the canyon along the Brownlee Reservoir and past the Brownlee Dam, I crossed the Snake River into Oregon, the final state of the Transam route and the second to last state of my trip. Some more miles along the Snake River finally led me to the campground in Oxbow, close to the Oxbow Dam.

No comments:

Post a Comment