Plaatje

Plaatje

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 75: Shelton, WA - Seattle, WA (150/150 + 7/7)

Today was really, really the last day of riding in the US... sniff, sniff. The weather was again pleasant and the route over rolling back roads.

Yesterday I looked up the schedule for the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle. I could just catch an earlier ferry, but I would have to hurry for that. After hurrying for a short while I decided that it actually made no sense to hurry, as a ferry later would be just as fine. The decision was backed up by a Starbucks along the road, so I took the time for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake.

When I arrived in Bremerton I now also had time to look at some of the old aircraft carriers in the naval port from a distance. I also had time now for some lunch with more coffee at the ferry terminal. The ferry had special bicycle places and was totally free for cyclists :) The ferry ride if roughly one hour across the Puget Sound was really pretty, with a nice view over the Seattle skyline.

In Seattle I called Bert and DeAnne, my hosts for the coming four nights. After about half an hour of riding through the hilly streets of Seattle I reached their house. They welcomed me and let me park my bike in the middle of the living room! After dinner Bret showed me how to find the nearest bike shops around and how to get to all the places I want to visit in and around Seattle.

It's a rather strange feeling not having to ride my tomorrow. On the other hand it's also quite liberating... guess I had my share of cycling the last (almost) eleven weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment