Plaatje

Plaatje

Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 70: Pacific City, OR - Nehalem Bay State Park, OR (148/150)

The first part of today was along the Three Capes Scenic Route. The road past the capes was a succession of many steep climbs and descends, many of +10%. From time to time this did result in fantastic view points over the coast line. In Cape Meares State Park I came upon a closed road. I took my chances, hoping that I would be able to pass on my bike. Luckily I could and other a few bumps and bits of gravel it wasn't all that bad. And off course I had the complete road for myself for a few miles :)

Soon after, the route led over the main coastal highway. Due to very heavy traffic and varying shoulder width the riding wasn't all that fun. The views were still nice though.

Halfway the afternoon I reached Nehalem Bay State Park. The sign said the campground was full. Luckily they have so called hiker/biker sites here: a special place on the campground with places for hikers and cyclistst that cannot be reserved. The place itself is rather perfect and better yet, it only cost me 6 bucks... way to go Oregon state parks!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the Pacific! Caitlin and I enjoyed meeting you in Newton, KS. We've enjoyed keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete