Plaatje

Plaatje

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 73: County Line Park, WA - Centralia, WA (150/150 + 3/7)

Tonight it had been raining all night and this morning it was still raining. So that meant again packing a wet tent, this time in the rain. As I set off I wore all my warm and mostly waterproof clothes. Off course the rain stopped shortly after, so I had to take them all off again.

The first part of the route was along a very busy highway with lots of logging trucks. Some truckers were not pleased with cyclists on 'their road' and showed this by blowing their horn just as they passed... rather startling and annoying :(

Luckily after some 10 miles the route turned to much quieter, steeply rolling back roads. Though the raining had stopped, the skies would be grey all day. At the beginning of the afternoon the drizzle was turning into real rain again and I dove into a gas station for a cup of remarkably good coffee, after which the rain had luckily stopped for the rest of the day.

Initially I planned to camp at the Lewis and Clark State Park, but that would mean a short day today and a long one today and possibly again camping in the rain. Especially as it was dry right now I decided to push on untill I reached Centralia. Jesse told me yesterday that I really didn't want to stay at the RV park there, luckily I found a cheap hotel right on the route. This had the additional benefit that I could dry my clothes and especially my tent. My tent will not be used anymore during this trip, so this was a good moment to dry and pack it for the last time.

When I finally got the WiFi working I got to the task of Finding a WarmShowers host in Seattle. This had appeared to be rather difficult and I had been contacting people for almost a week now. Luckily I now found someone that would host me for the last four nights of my trip :) All that remains now is two easy days of cycling and a ferry towards Seattle, then 3 days of sightseeing in Seattle and then the flight back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment