Plaatje

Plaatje

Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 63: Oxbow, OR - Baker City, OR (129/150)

During the night it had again rained a bit, so the morning started out being not super hot. After the first pass of the day I reached Richland to have a break for lunch.

After Richland was a long uphill ride along the Powder River, followed by another pass. The temperatures were again very high and a nasty headwind had picked up. This part was 40 miles without services, but due to the wind the water that I carried, which should have easily been enough, was just barely enough.

Totally exhausted I did manage to reach Baker City, the end of section 10 out of 12 of the trip. Only two more section (plus the ride to Seattle) to go! Here I'm staying with WarmShowers host Mitch, who appeared to be right in the middle of swapping houses with friends of his. Nonetheless he had no problem with hosting me, better yet he is also hosting a couple from San Francisco tonight.

I couldn't find much energy to cook myself a meal, so ended up getting groceries and heating up a pizza in the oven. Tomorrow starts with a 50 mile section with no services, so I'll be carrying even more water than I did now and hopefully things will work out better...

1 comment:

  1. Weer terug van een mooie vakantie. Ik heb intussen al je belevenissen gelezen. Wat een geweldige trip! Veel plezier nog de laatste weken. Groetjes, Riek

    ReplyDelete