Plaatje

Plaatje

Friday, August 15, 2014

Day 74: Centralia, WA - Shelton, WA (150/150 + 5/7)

The second to last day of cycling started a little later than I planned. The hotel bed was just so much more comfy than my air mattress in a damp and small tent that it was hard to get out. When I finally hit the road the first half of the day was easy going, mostly back roads, almost flat as dime and under a grey sky that was slightly less grey than the last two days.

In Elma I had a fantastic but very big lunch. Actually for the first time this trip I managed to eat to much. The first 15 miles after lunch were kinda difficult because of that. During the afternoon the skies slightly cleared and occasionally the sun even came through! Riding was mostly over rolling back roads.

In Shelton I had to go a bit off route to get to Noreen and Bob, my WarmShowers hosts for today. Bob welcomed me and showed me around. Their house is in a perfectly peaceful place on one of the most southerly parts of the Puget Sound. Bob and Noreen were very friendly and hospitable! After dinner (with ice cream) and doing my laundry I picked a chair overlooking the water and read a few chapters of my book whilst watching the seals in the bay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment