Plaatje

Plaatje

Friday, August 8, 2014

Day 67: Sisters, CO - Coburg, CO (141/150)

This morning it was time for the last pass of this trip: McKenzie Pass. The first three quarters if the pass were through shaded forest. After that the trees made room for huge impressive lava fields, all the way to the summit. At the summit was a lookout point with great views of the Sisters, Mount Washington and Mount Jefferson.

A long and windy descent followed over curvy roads through thick green forests. After the descent there was only 1000ft if elevation left. All that was left was 'just' almost 60 miles of riding against the wind.

At the end of the day I reached the campground in Coburg. I tried to go for something different than mac'n'cheese for a change and made hot dogs for myself. They worked out surprisingly well :) Coburg is the end of section 11 out of 12... only one to go! The end of this trip is now starting to approach really fast: in only 2 days  I'll reach the coast, another 2 days and I'll finish the Transam trail by reaching Astoria and in only 2 weeks from now I'll already be back in the Netherlands and sitting behind my desk at work...

No comments:

Post a Comment