Plaatje

Plaatje

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 18: Bardstown, KY - McDaniels, KY (28/150)

Today I decided to make a long ride in order to catch up some of the delays of the last two days. Same as previous days the weather was warm, but as I started out early the morning, the initial riding was pleasant. Just before lunch a big thunderstorm appeared, but I luckily arrived just in time at the next town to dive into a Subway and combine shelter with lunch. 

After quite a bit of lighting and rain the temperature had luckily also dropped a bit, so cycling was comfortable (though humid) the rest of the way. The rest of the ride was rather uneventful, other than a number of dog attacks again... which are getting rather annoying. Flashing the dog spray canister still works though. I also switched time zone today from Eastern Time to Central Time. Tonight I'm staying at a nice campground next to a lake near McDaniels. Because of the extra hour I already arrived at 4pm, so did some nice and quit reading in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment