Plaatje

Plaatje

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 24: Summerville, MO - Marchfield, MO (46/150)

I decided to go for a local breakfast today, so ordered "biscuits and gravy" at the gas station. For those who not know it: it's some sort of soft white bread (biscuits) in gravy, which is a thick creamy substance. There must be a gazillion calories in it, but it is super heavy on the stomach. Didn't really like the taste of it as well, so I'll try something else next time.

This morning the sky was again covered in clouds, keeping the temperatures surprisingly low and making the riding pleasant. The clouds cleared shortly around noon, but appeared again shortly after, so it was pleasent all day. Today was again riding through the Ozark Mountains, though without the steep bits from yesterday. Today was more like riding on a sort of plateau, cut by some rivers and creeks, to which I had to descend now and again. Scenery was again very pretty. For a moment I was on the road towards Success, but eventually the route led elsewhere...

In the town Marchfield I did some blog updating in the library after which I tried for a spot to camp at the RV Express park. Basically it is not much more than a restroom building and parking spaces for RV's right next to the interstate. The lady in the office let me stay on the lawn next to the office building, as this place doesn't have a field. In addition I got a access card so I could use the showers, restrooms and laundry room free of charge, awesome! Shortly after pitching my tent a guy staying in the motel next door walked by. He is doing a charity ride from northern Michigan to southern Texas and so he had some interesting stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment