Plaatje

Plaatje

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 17: Danville, KY - Bardstown, KY (25/150)

During breakfast this morning I said goodbye to Cathy, after which Ernst rode me into town early, as he had an early appointment. This left me some time for again coffee house and library, but also to see if I could get a weather alert radio (open EHS issue). I didn't succeed in the town but I was told me that the closeby Walmart should have it. When I got to the bike shop, Ernst was already working on my bike. The parts arrived this morning as planned and luckily the derailleur was still working as it should. After truing the rear wheel I was ready to go. I thanked Ernst from the bottom of my heart and set out.

Walmart did have some weather alert radios, but quite bulky. Luckily the closeby Radio Shack had exactly what I was looking for. After this succes I treated myself to a burger and set out. I decided to ride along US 150, as I did yesterday and pick up the route again at Bardstown. The first bit of the route was the same as two days ago and very nice cycling over a wide shoulder. The last 8 miles though the shoulder got much narrower. In addition they have these bumps in the shoulders here to warn riders when they are going off the road (can be seen in one of the pics) thereby making it impossible to ride on the shoulder. In addition the road was pretty busy making riding quite uncomfortable :( 

Eventually I did reach Bardstown and now I'm staying on a campground in the state park, watching countless fireflies as I'm writing this post :)

1 comment:

  1. Super dat je fiets het weer doet. Hopelijk houdt die het vol de rest vd tocht. Succes

    ReplyDelete