Plaatje

Plaatje

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 27: Chanute, KS - Eureka, KS (54/150)

Again rain today and lots and lots of it. In the morning it was already dark and cloudy, but still dry. Somewhere during the end of the morning the first big shower hit, which already made me soaking wet. At the small town of Toronto, which looked almost like a ghost town, I put on some dry socks, since the worst seemed to be over.... I was wrong though.
Shortly after it began pouring like crazy again, so I tool shelter in a small café. A group of the Bike the US for MS was also there, so I had luch with them and sat out the rain. Luckily I had decided this morning that I was gonna ride a shorter distance today. When the worst of the rain was over we set out again, but it kept drizzling for some time after.
I had gotten rather cold when it finally stopped raining, so after that it took some time to get warm again. The clearing skies did create some nice views though :) As I was still soaked, slightly cold and the forecast for tonight was more rain I decided to stay in a motel tonight.Tomorrow should be a dry and warm day again!

1 comment:

  1. Na regen komt zonneschijn, hopelijk vandaag een lekker droog dagje. Op de kaart van US schuif je al goed op naar links, je hebt er al heel wat kilometers op zitten. Leuk al die ontmoetingen met fietsers. En goed dat je elke dag je verhaal schrijft. Het is een goed begin van de dag om jouw reisverslag te lezen. Ga zo door! Groetjes, Riek

    ReplyDelete