Plaatje

Plaatje

Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 42: Boulder, CO - Estes Park, CO (82/150)

Time to get cycling again! Tried to get up early today and after saying goodbye to Jon and thanking him for a great time in Boulder, I set off again.

The first part was riding up Boulder canyon, the same road I came down 4 days ago. As the speed was significantly lower this time I had more time to enjoy the great views while riding through the canyon. Seemingly easy I climbed the 3000ft to Nederland, where I (off course) met a Dutch family with whom I had a short chat.

At Nederland I picked up the Peak to Peak Highway where I had left it 4 days ago. Same as previously this highway has some awesome views, but also a lot of climbing in it. The total ascent today was 8000ft and by far the most of all days untill now. Early in the afternoon though, I descended into Estes Park at the end of the Peak to Peak and practically next to the entrance of the Rocky Mountains National Park.

At the visitor center in Estes Park I asked which campground I should go to and the lady who was very interested in my trip directed me to the right one. She also told me to expect to see lots of wildlife tomorrow and tundra like landscapes... cannot wait! After entering the National Park, I rode to the campground only to see the sign indicating it was full. Luckily someone just left, so I could take the last spot :) At my spot I was welcomed by a closeby deer with her young! Also we have to lock away all our food here, as this is bear country. This all makes it feel so much like really camping in a wild forest (even though it's a campground). I really cannot wait for what I'm going to see tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment