Plaatje

Plaatje

Monday, July 14, 2014

Days 39-41: Boulder, CO (rest days)

Thursday, the first full day in Boulder, Jon had to work, allowing me to some things that needed doing. After bringing my bike to the shop for servicing, getting a new stuffsack for my sleeping bag and visiting the library to plan how to get back on the Transam route, I spent the rest of the afternoon doing some reading in cafe's and coffee houses (thanks Bram for sending me the last GoT book!). In the evening Jon and me went to grab a bite downtown, after which we finished with some margaritas on a roof terrace (unfortunately they didn't have caipirinhas...).

Friday morning I went hiking with Jon and Nathan, one of Jon's housemates. We did the Flat Iron One trail, which started super closeby and gave some very nice views over the city. As Jon had to work in the afternoon, I chilled and did some reading at a nearby coffee house. During the evening we met up with some of Jon's friends and went to the New Belgium Clips Beer & Film Tour, which is a event where you can taste Belgium style US beers and watch some short movies. The beers tasted very good and the movies were surprisingly funny! After this we finished the night in a place which was dance club, arcade hall and pole dance club. Never seen anything quite like it, but we sure had fun.

Saturday was a very easy day. Jon had to get up early to get the key to his new apartment, whilst I slept in to recover from last night. When Jon got back, we watched the Netherlands - Brazil match for the 3rd place in the soccer world cup (3-0). After that I went downtown to pick up my bike from the shop. They had fitted new bottom bracket cups and replaced almost the entire drive train. After that I met Jon in the cinema to watch the new Transformers movie. Almost three hours of non-stop explosions, chase scenes and fighting robots!... the story was so thin though that I wouldn't recommend watching it. I turned in early tonight, as tomorrow I'm leaving Boulder to do some cycling again!

No comments:

Post a Comment