Plaatje

Plaatje

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 55: Wisdom, MT - Hamilton, MT (114/150)

Last night it turned cold, like really cold. When I closed the fly sheet during the night I noticed there was ice on the inside. Luckily I brought a somewhat warm (0 deg C comfort temperature) sleeping bag, so closing it up all the way just kept me warm enough. I decided to sleep in for an hour, since I didn't feel like riding in freezing temperatures. When I did get up there was still frost on my tent and picknick table.

Luckily it warmed up all through the morning and afternoon, so along the way I could take off warm clothes and get working on my tan lines again :) The day started with a climb up Chief Joseph Pass, the last time (I think) I will be crossing the Continental Divide. The climb was easy and through a lovely valley. The following descent was good fun. Perfect grades, around 6%, for descending, wide shoulders and very nice pavement on the roads!
After the initial descent there was a long, slightly downhill ride through the Biterroot Valley. 

Tonight I am staying with WarmShowers hosts Betsy and Steve in Hamilton. When I arrived there I was greeted by Betsy and their 1 year old dog, Wilson. Betsy was so kind to do my laundry and after a shower we had a beer, wine and lovely dinner on their patio. Betsey and Steve did a 5 month bike tour all through Europe when they were young, so we spent the time during and after dinner to discuss theirs and mine bike tours and many other things. Their house is like mansion and I have the complete upper floor to myself, about twice the size of my appartment back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment