Plaatje

Plaatje

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 59: Powell, ID - Lowell, ID (119/150)

During breakfast I was greeted by the guy from the RV next to me who was walking his dogs. After a short chat he offered me some home made chocolate chip coockies, awesome! The people I met last night had told me to check at their site, since they might already have coffee when I would be setting off. Unfortunately no coffee, but I did meet Mike, who wished me all the best.

The route for today was 66 miles without any services, so I packed lot of food and especially water. The road was slightly downhill all the way along through the gorgeou valley of the Lochsa River. Whereas the weather started nice and cool, it got hotter during the end of the afternoon fast. Later I heard that if hit 99 F (37 C) here.

Because the progress was so good I got to the campground in Lowell already around half past one. Same as yesterday, this is a very pretty campground all between trees right next to the river. After pitching my tent, I cooled down a bit in the river and spend the test of the afternoon reading and fixing some stuff on my bike in the shade. Work on my bike included swapping tires and fixing a lead of ny rear light. For dinner I cooked my by now favorite camp food: Mac&Cheese with smoked ham. Later during the evening I met Harrison, who is doing an awesome bicycle trip from Alaska to Florida. After some chatting, we exchanged contact details, since he might be able to set me up with a place (his parent's) in Seattle where I can stay for a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment