Plaatje

Plaatje

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day 52: West Yellowstone, MT - Ennis, MT (106/150)

After a rest day in Yellowstone it was time for the first day if cycling in Montana. In the morning the route led me past Earthquake Lake, a lake created by a landslide caused by an earthquake.

After that it was riding all day through the valley of the Madison River. The weather had started out very cool, but after noon it got warmer and ended up being very comfortable cycling weather. The riding was further rather uneventful, other than that I had my second puncture of this trip. This time caused by small scraps of steel wire.

Tonight I'm staying in Ennis at a campground of the "Montana of Fish Game and Parks". At the camground I asked someone to change some money for the fee, but it appeared they were just leaving and had paid for their spot for the night, so I could take it for free :) It's a primitive campground, so instead of a shower I washed myself in the river that runs along the campground. During the evening I managed to fix my USB charger on my bike (broken cable) and do some other maintenance on my bike. Should be good for the coming days again!

No comments:

Post a Comment