Plaatje

Plaatje

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 54: Twin Bridges, MT - Wisdom, MT (111/150)

Earliest start this morning so far at 6:45 am. It was cold this morning, so my cold weather clothes came in handy again. Today would contain two passes of each roughly 1500 ft climbing and afterwards a long descent.

The ride into Dillon, which I didn't do yesterday due to the strong beadwinds, was under a light headwind this morning. After Dillon there would be a 45 miles stretch with no services and two climbs. The first climb, Badger Pass, was still under light headwinds and therefore easy. After that the wind picked up before the second pass, Big Hole Pass. The going was extremely hard due to the combination of strong beadwinds and steep gradients... somehow I did manage to get to the top though.

The descent wasn't all that fun due to the headwinds and after the first part I got to the town Jackson. My legs were totally empty, but since they couldn't get much worse, I thought it would be wise to try to reach Wisdom. Also the wind seemed to calm during the end of the afternoon and this way tomorrow would be a bit easier. Some 20 miles later I reached Wisdom (really!!!) where I am staying at the American Legion Park. At the only grocery store in an almost 50 mile radius I stocked up for the ride for to tomorrow. At the park I spent most of the time exchanging stories with the Texan from the RV next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment