Plaatje

Plaatje

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Day 57: Missoula, MT (rest day)

This morning I was not woken by a dog jumping in my bed, but by the sprinklers in the garden at 6 am. Apparently they weren't turned off yesterday, so they were happily spraying on my tent. After half an hour they stopped, giving me still some time to sleep in.

Today is a rest day and hence everything happened at an extremely leisurely pace. After breakfast at a French bakery, followed by an elaborate coffee at a coffee house, I visited a bike shop to get some supplies: mainly extra tubes and new cycling shorts (the others started getting thin and falling apart :p).

After lunch I visited an optician downtown to get my glasses fixed, but unfortunately this one couldn't help me either. My last chance was at an optician in a big mall somewhat further away. They also couldn't fix the frame, but did have a discounted frame that almost perfectly fitted my lenses. I decided to go for that, since it is extremely convenient to have my glasses during the mornings and evenings and also for the flight back to the Netherlands later on.

When  I got that sorted out I went to the park next to river to just chill in the shade and do some reading. I had a simple pizza for dinner and went back to the house to get my things ready for tomorrow, cause I'm gonna be cycling again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment